Conditions Of Enrolment
Tuition fees are due at the commencement of each term and must be paid before commencement of lessons.
- Lessons are time booked with an instructor each week in advance for the duration of each term, and are payable at the beginning of each term unless billing to a MLC Family Account (MLC students only).
- In general eight lessons are billed per term. Exceptions to this are Group Classes and short school terms. The Music Academy office must be notified a term in advance for any lesson dates a student is unavailable. Billing of reduced lessons will be at the discretion of the Instructor and the Music Academy. No adjustments will be considered once the term has commenced.
- Failure to pay lesson fees after 14 days may result in lessons being suspended or terminated, or a late fee applied.
- Information relating to the Academy operation are detailed in the Academy Newsletter delivered to students prior to the beginning of each term and on the Academy Website. Students are required to keep abreast of Academy matters through these means.
Missed Lesson Policy
- Lessons that are missed by the student for whatever reason, are not made up, credited or transferred. The lesson is considered forfeit.
- If a student cannot attend a lesson due to prolonged illness (2 missed lessons or more) please refer to Enrolment & Termination Policy.
- If an Instructor is unable to teach, lessons will be made up at the end of the current term, or credited to the following term.
- Additional lessons agreed to in writing must be attended. If a student cannot attend, the lesson(s) will be considered forfeit and the student account will be billed for the lesson(s). MLC students enrolled in the Academy and attending Marshmead will have their places retained with the Instructor. If on return from Marshmead the student decides to terminate, 4 MLC Music Academy Term Weeks’ notice will be required and you will be billed and expected to attend for those lessons.
Enrolment & Termination Policy
- Four MLC Music Academy Term Weeks written notice must be given to the Music Academy Administration if tuition is to be terminated, this does not include public or term break holidays. If the four weeks’ notice spills over into a consecutive school term the student will be billed for those weeks. A Change of Enrolment form is available from the Music Academy Office.
- Allocated lesson times and days are not guaranteed, every effort, however, will be made to accommodate students as close to the time originally requested.
- In the case of prolonged illness or injury (2 missed lessons or more) an application may be made to the Music Academy Coordinator for part remission of 50% of tuition fees. A doctor’s certificate will be required in order to process any application for part remission of tuition fees.
- A 25% holding fee will be charged to hold a place when an absence of one or more terms occurs, if a confirmed place is not taken up when offered.
All enrolment and change of enrolment forms must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian of the student, or the student if they are an adult. Change of Enrolment Forms are available from the Music Academy Office. Students wishing to purchase or hire instruments should consult their instructor, so that the most suitable type and size of instrument can be recommended. The MLC Music Academy does not hire instruments to students including MLC students.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
Any Life Threatening or serious medical condition such as allergic reactions (Anaphylaxis / Asthma) must be reported to the MLC Music Academy Office. It is the student/parent’s responsibility to advise of these if they exist. It is a requirement that any student who has the potential for Anaphylaxis be accompanied to their lesson by a parent or care-giver capable of managing the situation if it arises.
All enrolment and change of enrolment forms must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian of the student or the student if they are an adult. Forms are available from the Music Academy Office.
Purchase of own instruments
Students wishing to buy instruments should consult their instructor, so that the most suitable type and size of instrument can be recommended for the best possible purchase price.
Click the link to download the Enrolment Application Brochure 2017.
For all enquiries and any further information, please contact:
MLC Music Academy Office
207 Barkers Road, Kew 3101
Phone: 9274 8136 - Fax: 9274 8163
Music Academy Office Hours:
(Monday to Thursday) 1.00 p.m. - 8.00 p.m. (Friday) 12.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.
(Saturday) 8.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.